Warning: Illegal string offset 'before_widget' in /home/capitalt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 769
Warning: Illegal string offset 'after_widget' in /home/capitalt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 771
Warning: Illegal string offset 'before_title' in /home/capitalt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 773
Warning: Illegal string offset 'after_title' in /home/capitalt/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 775
I may be on my own on the fact that I hate summer, I’d much rather be putting on my big parka and scrapping off my windows than getting into an extremely HOT vehicle only to burn myself and have sweat rolling down my face. I try to avoid getting into a hot vehicle at all costs whether its bribing a friend to drive around the block a few times with the AC blasting or taking other precautions. Beat the Saskatchewan heat this summer with these 8 great tips;
1. Use a drink cozy to guard your hand against a scorching hot gear shift.
2. Buckle your seat belt when you leave your car so it’s not SCORCHING HOT when you return.
3. Use a window shade to avoid the sun beaming in onto your seats and steering wheel. If you have leather seats which get extremely hot it’s a good idea to either purchase a seat cover for the summer or place a towel on the seat before sitting on it. Covers will also keep the sun from causing the seat color to fade. Vehicle covers and window shades can be purchased from your local dealership.
4. Take a laundry basket to the grocery store with you to hold your groceries and make it easier to carry into the house in the blistering heat or pouring rain, you never know what mother nature will bring us in the matter of 1 hour.
5. Avoid having your vehicle stink like smelly garbage by using cereal container as a garbage can. Having a garbage can will refrain you from littering or having the floors of your vehicle pileup with trash.
7. Try your best to refrain from driving with your air conditioner on, or your windows down while on the highway to save gas. Here is a great blog for more information on this. To help you bare the heat with no AC try filling a water bottle halfway with water tipping it on its side and freezing it, then before you leave fill the other half with water for a nice refresher while on the road. You could also look at the fridge option in some of the Ford and Lincoln vehicles.
8. Last but definitely not least try to park your vehicle in the shade, such as under a tree. The birds may poo on it but at least it will protect it from the sun beaming directly onto your leather seats.
If you’re one of those rare winter lovers like me, or if you just don’t want to burn your rear end off the next time you get into your vehicle, keep your cool with the great pointers above. Let us know what you do to keep cool in the summer!